We are regularly out on the web. When we find a great site we list it here for you to enjoy.
Local News Outlets
- NBC 17 Contact Info
- WTVD 11 Contact Information
- News 14 Carolina Triangle Newsroom
- WRAL TV-5 Staff Directory
- Durham Herald-Sun Staff Directory
- News & Observer Newsroom Directory
- NC Press Association
- Triangle Business Journal
PR and Communication Organizations
- Public Relations Student Society of America
- PRSA - NC Chapter
- Public Relations Society of America
- IABC - Triangle Chapter
- International Association of Business Communicators
- Triangle Chapter of the American Marketing Association
- Accreditation in Public Relations info
- Online 2 Learn APR Study Course
- Agency PR Overview – PRQuickStart.org
Marketing & Sales Operations Manager at Aligned Action
Aligned Action, a company providing business coaching, consulting and education to entrepreneurs and executives, is seeking a highly-motivated Marketing & Sales Operations Manager. The candidate will provide support in creating and implementing systems to execute on a variety of initiatives and activities. More information.
IMRE, a full-service digital, advertising and public relations agency, is seeking a highly-experienced Account Executive to fill a full-time position out of its Raleigh office. Candidates must have exceptional oral and written communications skills, knowledge and real-world experience with various public relations techniques and procedures, and a solid track record of client relations. More information.
BC/DC Ideas is seeking a student or recent graduate for a communications internship. The communications intern will be expected to provide 20 hours/week during the summer to support our clients and overall work of the agency.
BC/DC Ideas, headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, is a creative agency that specializes in strategic communications planning, social media, advertising and marketing, public relations, video production and event management for nonprofits. We offer a wide-variety of creative services that will rock your world! Learn more about us at www.bcdcideas.com.
Interns will get real world, hands-on experience working on a diverse array of communications projects including copywriting, media relations, social media management, web development and video production. We treat our interns as an important member of the team and expect a high-level of professionalism on every project.
Remotely and in BC/DC Ideas home office, the communications intern will:
- Create content for social media engagement, website management and media relations for nonprofit clients
- Write blog posts for clients as well as be a contributor to the BC/DC Ideas blog
- Curate content that supports clients
- Support creative services contractors as needed with content creation and research projects
- Current student or recent graduate of a college or university
- Ability to work remotely with your own equipment
- Be available for one meeting per week and on-site projects as needed
- Experience working in nonprofit communications
- Be a go-getter, a rabble rouser and have the ability to smile easily
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are a must Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, WordPress applications, experience with design software a plus)
- Added bonus: familiarity with AP Style, and basic knowledge of marketing and design
Stipend: This internship offers a semester stipend of $500. School credit may be available.
Bolt Public Relations, a bi-coastal award-winning public relations, marketing, events and social media agency, has an immediate opening for an experienced, talented PR pro to join our Raleigh, N.C. team! This is a public relations position with primary functions that include team leadership, strategic planning, media relations, writing, event coordination, social media marketing and community relations.
- A minimum of 6 years direct PR experience in an agency or in-house
- 1-3 years of management experience
- A proven track record of successful account management, team leadership and generating quality press coverage
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Essential responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Proactive media outreach and story/interview coordination, including daily phone pitching to local and national media outlets
- Copywriting and collateral development, including press releases, media advisories, newsletters, articles, press kits, case studies and more
- Client relations, including daily communication and weekly reports
- Supervision of entry level staff and/or interns on a project or ongoing basis
- Event coordination and publicity
- Social media management and strategy
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that do not include ALL of the above will not be considered. NO phone calls regarding this position will be accepted.
Public Relations Account Executive or Senior Account Executive
Bolt Public Relations, an award-winning bi-coastal public relations, events and social media agency, has an immediate opening for an experienced, talented account executive or senior account executive to join our Raleigh team! This is an opportunity for a highly organized and results-driven professional to grow in a fast-paced environment. Bolt clients span a wide variety of industries, including hospitality, retail, restaurants, technology, education, nonprofit, health and fitness, and more. For additional information, visit www.boltpr.com and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/BoltPR and Facebook at www.facebook.com/BoltPR.
This is a public relations position with primary functions including media relations, social media marketing, community relations, event planning and writing.
· - Minimum of three years of agency or in-house PR experience
· - A degree in communications, public relations, or journalism preferred
· - A proven track record of generating quality press coverage
· - Excellent written and verbal skills
Essential responsibilities include:
· - Proactive media outreach and story/interview coordination
· - Copywriting and collateral development, including press releases, media advisories, newsletters, articles, press kits, case studies and more
· - Client relations, including daily communication and weekly reports
· - Internal and external meeting and event attendance
· - Supervision of entry level staff and/or interns on a project or ongoing basis
· - Media, market and competitive research
· - Campaign strategy and annual planning
· - Project management
· - Event planning and coordination
· - Social media management and strategy
· - Media coverage tracking
Expectations of position:
· - A commitment to excellence
· - Daily phone pitching to local and national media outlets
· - Focus on performance with a high sense of urgency at all times
· - Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· - Ability to multitask and work in a very fast-paced environment
· - Reliability and regular, on-time attendance
· - Ability to excel in both individual and team environments, and willingness to be a team player
· - Accessibility to clients and media
· - Positive representation of the agency and its clients at all times
Bolt PR deliverables:
· - A fun, positive and rewarding work environment
· - A commitment to motivate and educate team members
· - A defined plan to grow with the agency
· - Performance-based incentives
· - Access to necessary tools, technology and supplies to succeed
· - Competitive salary commensurate with experience
· - Group health insurance, dental insurance, and access to a retirement plan
· - To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com
· - No phone calls please
This position will provide direct marketing support for: retail and foodservice consumer promotions, advertising execution, public relations, sales communications, trade shows and sales meeting development/planning/execution. In general,these efforts will include, but are not limited to, execution of promotion activities, drafting and proofreading PR documents, planning and execution of key trade shows and sales meetings, and drafting and securing approval for sales communications.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Brand Management Assistance
- Collaborate with brand managers and USDA to review, submit and secure approvals for product packaging design details
- Ensure legal and product packaging documents get filed timely based on established coding developed by department
- Process all sample requests for retail and foodservice marketing
- Ensure customer-specific marketing program requirements are met for foodservice
- Manage elements of foodservice rewards and other promotional programs as needed
- Conduct deep dive analysis on syndicated scan data, identify brand management opportunities and develop recommendations for improvements
- Collaborate with brand and consumer promotions managers to develop and manage budgets and ensure oversight and controls are in place to record and report expenses