Founded in 1959, RPRS is the area's oldest public relations organization. With our history comes a diverse membership, including professionals from local agencies, corporations, associations, government entities, universities, nonprofit organizations and small businesses. RPRS provides a unique forum for interacting with local professionals and sharing best practices.
As an RPRS member, you’ll enjoy the following benefits
- Professional Development. Expand your knowledge base and learn from your peers at our monthly meetings. Topics include crisis communications, special event planning, Web site development, nonprofit PR, media relations dos and don’ts, etc.
- Networking. Our monthly lunch meetings, as well as quarterly after-hour socials, are a great way to network and get to know your fellow professionals, meet potential clients and find out about local job openings.
- Sir Walter Raleigh Awards. The acclaimed competition welcomes entries from across North Carolina and is judged by the Sacramento PR Society. This competition is an ideal opportunity for you and your organization to be recognized among your peers for exemplary work. RPRS members receive a reduced entry fee for the RPRS Sir Walter Raleigh Awards competition.
Membership Levels & Rates
Corporate membership is now structured to make it a more attractive option for small-to-medium sized firms and businesses. There will be no price increases in individual memberships for 2011, and the new member fee is waived. Here are the new membership options:
- Individual Membership, $75
- Blue Level Corporate Membership, $200
- Includes up to THREE registered employees
- Orange Level Corporate Membership, $300
- Includes up to FIVE registered employees
- Student Membership, $35
*Note: Corporate membership slots belong to the company and not the individual registered.
To register as a new member or renew your membership, visit www.rprs.clubexpress.com.
We hope to continue to be an attractive economic option for PR professionals across the Triangle area. If you have any questions about the new structure or know of someone who may benefit from becoming a member of RPRS, please contact Membership Chair Sarah Walston.